Oracle Financial Analyst

If you are seeking the help of an IT Professional in Upstate New York, please post here. This forum is not restricted to Oracle jobs, since our membership is a network and one of our members may know someone who is right for the job.
sam
Site Admin

Oracle Financial Analyst

Post by sam »

My name is Dave Calus, I am an Account Manager with Advantage Professionals here in Rochester, NY.

I have a local client who is looking to fill a permanent position as an Oracle Financial Analyst.  I am hoping to network with your group and find the hidden talent in the Rochester market.  I have included the job description I am working from and would appreciate any assistance you can provide in distributing this amongst your members.  I would be more than happy to speak with anyone who could benefit from my services and appreciate any referral you can provide.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you in advance for your time.

General Purpose: Independently plans and supports assignments of a broad nature.  Reviews, analyzes and evaluates financial systems and user needs to formulate system setup to parallel overall business strategies.  May lead and direct the work of others.

Specific Responsibilities:

- Provides project leadership for all system upgrades and implementations affecting the Accounting / Finance departments.
- Maintains partnership with various corporate departments to ensure efficient functioning of interdepartmental processes.
- Acts as departmental lead on prioritization / technical steering committees.  (i.e. Corporate BAU, FIS BCP)
- Creates test cases, builds test plans, executes test plans and facilitates user acceptance for system changes.
- Develops, implements and maintains internal controls related to the financial systems, including user security audits and change management.
- Develops PC based applications designed to increase the efficiency of department processes.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of developed applications and departmental procedures.
- Develops training materials and delivers targeted training to user groups.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and consultants to develop / implement system enhancements.
-  Provides technical and professional mentorship to junior analysts.

Requirements:

BA / BS degree (Business or Computer Science preferred) with at least 8 years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.  Relational database and ERP system experience required.  MS Excel, MS Access, VBA, Oracle E-Business Application Suite and GEAC MPC experience preferred.  Excellent written and oral communication skills required.

Best regards,

Dave Calus
dcalus@advantageprofessionals.com