Educational Workshop - November 3, 2017!

Here is where we post UNYOUG events. The latest three entries show up on the right side of the main page for registration.
sam
Site Admin

Educational Workshop - November 3, 2017!

Post by sam »

UNYOUG Educational Workshop Day
Friday, November 3, 2016 9:00AM - 4:00PM (breakfast & registration start at 8:00AM)

Erie 1 BOCES Educational Campus
355 Harlem Road
West Seneca, NY 14224

From I-90 get off on Rt. 400, get off on the first exit (Seneca St), turn right on Seneca St. and then Right on Harlem Rd.

Map

Presentations:

Coming Soon!

**Free Parking, no pass required!

A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. We need a count of persons attending to properly plan for this event. If you are planning to attend, please pre-register for the meeting here: http://www.unyoug.com/register.php.

Membership & Fees:
*** This event is FREE to all! ***

Thanks!
sam
Site Admin

ODA - X7

Post by sam »

Transform and modernize your Oracle Architecture with the new cloud-ready Database Appliance
Todd Hudson, Oracle
Sushil Motwani, Rolta Advizex

Who else would know more about simplify, optimize, and managing your database deployments than Oracle. The new Oracle Database Appliance will give your business more agility, cost-efficiency, and enhance performance while embracing the cloud. In today's networked and mobile business world, an ever-increasing number of applications and services are considered business critical, databases hold the organizations most critical assets. This information empowers the applications that businesses really care about. Supporting these databases represents one of the most expensive elements of overall IT spend. Learn about Oracle's solution for ultimate database infrastructure utilizing the Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), a complete, simple, reliable and affordable solution for running highly available databases and applications.

ODA is a complete package of software, server, storage, and networking that's engineered for simplicity; saving you time and money by simplifying deployment, maintenance, and support of both databases and application workloads.

We'll share best practices from technology experts and then you'll have the opportunity to 'look under the hood' of the ODA.

Sushil Motwani has about 24 years of experience as an Oracle Professional, especially on the Oracle Database Administration / Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle Apps DBA technologies, Oracle Fusion Middleware Technologies and Business Intelligence Applications. He is a thought leader having published training material for Oracle University, published and presented on multiple occasions at events such as Collaborate (Oracle Applications User Group), Oracle Open World, Oracle Health Sciences Conference in Denver, Atlanta, New York, Las Vegas, Rome, Monte Carlo and multiple locations across New England. He is actively involved with the OAUG and IOUG groups, and presented at a number of SIGs (Special Interest Groups) as part of these user groups.

Sushil Motwani has a Computer Science Engineering Degree from University of Bombay. Prior to joining Rolta AdvizeX, Sushil had a brief stint at Data Intensity, where he lead Oracle and Microsoft teams to proactively deliver to their customers technical roadmaps and provide newer/better solutions to improve technical delivery in the long run. At Oracle, Sushil worked with Advanced Customer Services for 6+ years leading some of Oracle’s largest premier customers as a Technical Account Manager. Sushil has also worked as a Director of the DBA Practice for a well-known Managed Services Provider in the Boston area from 2007 to 2009. From 2001 to 2007, Sushil worked at Harvard University as their Oracle and Microsoft SME and lead multiple technical implementations as part of their central IT team.

Sushil Motwani has been married to Pavitra for 20 years, and has two lovely daughters, Lakshita (15 years old – 10th Grader) and Dhriti (12 years old – 6th Grader). His family lives in the lovely town of Andover, MA for the last 5 years. Sushil has several hobbies, with his favorites being singing Indian music and working out with a group of like-minded friends. He is part of an Indian Musical Band called “Leher Boston” as a vocalist. Leher Boston does a concert every year, and all the proceeds are donated for good causes. Sushil is also actively involved with several social service activities, with a very strong belief in “Love All Serve All”, and spends most of his free time to fulfill his beliefs.
sam
Site Admin

SUNY ITEC Campus Analytics

Post by sam »

SUNY ITEC Campus Analytics
Dan Brint, SUNY ITEC
Pavan Narayanan, SUNY ITEC

It Takes a Village ....

SUNY ITEC has been quietly working on a 'big data' project in the back room - with an eye to helping SUNY students succeed (graduate and get a job you bum).

In this session, you will hear from the multi-disciplinary team that has been cobbled together to help us gain insight from data and turn water to wine. (We will NOT be selling you anything.)

Old school boring infrastructure types, DBAs, application admins, business folks, and a new school data science guy band together to try to turn sand into pearls. We'll talk about our vision, our challenges and how everything that is old is new again (mostly).

Dan Brint, Enterprise IT Architect, SUNY ITEC

An IT professional with 25+ years experience in Oracle technologies, I am currently designing the IT architecture for our next generation service offerings in Higher Education.

I am a certified ITSM practitioner (ITIL v3 Foundation & Service Design) as well as a TOGAF V9 certified enterprise architect.

I am a father of two, a casual photographer and I have an appreciation for art, literature, cinema, music, motorcycles, bicycles and video gaming as well as more geeky stuff such as Architecture, Big Data, Data Visualization, Industrial Design, TED, Formula 1 , and most recently Volvo Ocean & Americas Cup Racing.

#travel #motorcycleadventure #cycling #photography #technology

Pavan Narayanan, Big Data Developer SUNY ITEC

An Analytics practitioner, 4+ years of experience in data analysis, optimization modeling and statistical reporting, I am currently developing 'Analytics as a Service' utilizing ITIL tools, to aide data driven decision making in higher education.

A certified ITSM practitioner (ITIL v3 Foundation), I have a Masters in Applied Mathematics and Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Research.

I am a data science blogger (https://datasciencehacks.wordpress.com/), and enjoy spending my free time in outdoor activities (hiking, swimming, traveling, exploring the world, etc...). Not to sound like a geek, I really do enjoy discovering various mathematical programming applications.