Linkedin

Topics about Databases, Backups, Tuning, Architecture, Systems Management, etc etc.

bgrenn

Linkedin

Post by bgrenn »

Have you heard of linkedin ?? Well if you are an Oracle professional, it is worth checking out.  If you are familiar with Facebook, and you are thinking it is the same, well yes and no.. Linkedin is to professional relationships, what Facebook is to personal relationships..  I have a lot of contacts that are people I have worked with professionally.

What I see as the cool things linkedin can do is..

1) groups -- There are multiple oracle groups where oracle professionals, and employees will answer your posts.

2) Contacts -- I keep in touch with people I've worked with without finding out that their newborn had their first temperature, etc. etc.

3) Check out individuals.  Going on an interview?  Well many people are on linkedin and you can get a good idea of their background.. Giving you a leg up on questions to ask.

4) Searches -- yes I've googled myself.. If you are interviewing, expect to be googled by prospective employers (I always google before I interview someone).. Linkedin will probably come up first and show prospective employers that you are a professional, that takes your career seriously.  It will also push down those college photos with you chugging beer from that funnel :)

So when you are are out on linkedin, remember to make me a contact of yours.